Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier Review: The Ultimate Guide to Clean Air
Sonnie Hiles Mar 25, 2023 11:18 AM
Do you suffer from allergies or asthma? If so, you know how important it is to have a quality air purifier in your home. Not only can an air purifier help improve your quality of life, but it can also protect your family from harmful airborne particles.
In this Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier review, we will take a look at all the features and benefits of this top-of-the-line unit. We'll also discuss some of the most common complaints about the Sharp FP-A80UW and see if it's worth investing in one for your home.
SHARP FPA80UW Air Purifier for 454 Sq Ft. with Plasmacluster Ion Technology. True HEPA Filter for Dust, Smoke, Pollen, and Pet Dander may last up-to 2 Years. Recommended for Large Rooms.View on Amazon
- SCORE9.2AI Score
AI Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our TheHomeAir tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites. Learn more
Last update on 2023-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Suitable Room Size
The SHARP FP-A80UW air purifier is ideal for use in rooms up to 340 square feet. This makes it perfect for small to medium-sized bedrooms, living rooms, or offices.
What I like best about the Sharp FP-A80UW is that it's very quiet on the lowest setting. It's also very energy efficient, which is great for saving money on your electric bill.
The Sharp FP-A80UW also comes with a remote control so you can easily adjust the settings from anywhere in the room.
The Sharp FP-A80UW is a high-end air purifier that comes with a hefty price tag. But is it worth the cost? Let's take a look at the operating costs to find out.
The Sharp FP-A80UW has an annual filter replacement cost of $60. It also uses 290 watts of power, which results in an estimated annual operating cost of $38.
So, the total cost of ownership for the Sharp FP-A80UW is $98 per year. That's not too bad, considering that you're getting a top-of-the-line air purifier. But if you're looking to save money, there are cheaper options out there.
Design and Size
The Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier is a sleek and stylish device that will fit in well with any home décor. Measuring at just over 17 inches wide and 12 inches tall, the air purifier is compact enough to be placed on a nightstand or coffee table. The all-white exterior is accented by a silver band around the middle of the unit, giving it a high-end look.
The Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier is also very lightweight, weighing in at just over seven pounds. This makes it easy to move from room to room as needed. The air purifier has a built-in handle on the top of the unit, making it even easier to transport.
One of the first things you’ll notice about the Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier is the LED display on the front of the unit. This display will show you the current pollution level in your area, as well as the current indoor air quality. The air purifier also has a built-in air quality sensor that will automatically adjust the fan speed to keep the air quality at a consistent level.
- Holmes mini tower air purifier reviews
- Hathaspace smart true HEPA air purifier 2.0
- Heater air purifier combo
- Blueair air purifier reviews
The first thing that you need to know is that the Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier uses a True HEPA filter. This means that it is able to capture 99.97% of all airborne particles, including dust mites, pollen, mold spores, and even bacteria and viruses.
One of the best things about the Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is that it comes with a pre-filter. This helps to extend the life of the True HEPA filter by trapping larger particles before they can reach it. The pre-filter is also washable, which makes maintenance a breeze.
Another great feature of the Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is that it has a filter life indicator. This tells you when it is time to replace the filter, so you don’t have to guess.
The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier also has an automatic shut-off function. This helps to conserve energy and prolong the life of the filter. When the unit senses that the filter needs cleaning or replacing, it will automatically turn off.
Finally, the Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier comes with a five-year warranty. This means that you can rest assured knowing that your investment is protected. If anything goes wrong with the air purifier during that time, Sharp will be happy to help.
- The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is a great choice for those who are looking for an affordable option.
- The unit comes with a pre-filter, which is designed to remove large particles from the air.
- The filter can be replaced every six months, and the unit comes with a one-year warranty.
- The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is also Energy Star certified, which means that it is energy efficient.
- The unit has a CADR rating of 250, which means that it is capable of removing a significant amount of airborne contaminants.
- The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is also very quiet, making it a good choice for those who are looking for a unit that does not produce a lot of noise.
- The filter is also able to remove ozone from the air, which is beneficial for those who are sensitive to this compound.
- The unit has a three-year warranty, which is one of the longest warranties available for air purifiers.
- The unit does not come with remote control, which some people may find inconvenient.
- The filter is not able to remove particles that are smaller than 0.01 microns, which means that it may not be able to remove all of the contaminants from the air.
- The unit is not available in all areas, which means that it may not be available for purchase in all parts of the country.
- The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is a bit larger than some of the other air purifiers on the market, which may not be ideal for those who are looking for a unit that is compact.
- The CADR rating of 250 is lower than some of the other air purifiers on the market, which means that it may not be as effective at removing contaminants from the air.
1. Does Sharp Plasmacluster really work?
Yes, Sharp Plasmacluster technology has been proven to be effective in reducing harmful airborne contaminants. In fact, it is so effective that it has been used in hospitals and other healthcare settings for many years.
2. How does Sharp Plasmacluster work?
Sharp Plasmacluster technology works by producing negative and positive ions which then attach themselves to particles in the air. These charged particles are then attracted to surfaces such as walls and floors where they are removed from the air, effectively purifying them.
3. Is the Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier noisy?
No, the Sharp FP-A80UW Air Purifier is actually very quiet when compared to other air purifiers on the market. In fact, you may not even notice it is running unless you are in the same room as it.
4. Is Sharp Plasmacluster safe?
The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier uses Plasmacluster technology to clean the air. Plasmacluster is a safe and effective technology that uses ions to clean the air. It is approved by the EPA for use in homes.
The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is also Energy Star certified. This means that it is energy efficient and will not cost you a lot of money to operate.
The Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable and effective way to improve the quality of the air in their home. With its three-stage filtration system, it can remove a wide range of pollutants from the air, including smoke, dust, and pollen. It is also quiet and easy to use, making it a convenient addition to any home. Thanks for reading our Sharp FP-A80UW air purifier review!